Sunday, August 20, 2006

Appreciating the now

My record of blogging isn't going to well, a week later and here I am although I meant for this to be a daily occurance. Latest thrift finds was this cool old knitting book which has loads of vintage patterns in it. Of course, first I need to learn to knit! I have all the gear, the knitting bag, the patterns & the baby to dress - just the knowledge is required... Life is about to change dramatically for our household, I am returning to work full time. I have mixed feelings about this but most of all guilt. This means that Luca will need to be put into childcare for almost 30 hours a week, something I never thought I would do. She's so little. I plan for this to be just a temporary thing, six months down the track and hopefully it's all over. Me returning to student life which will hopefully allow more time spent with Luca. Last night I was watching a movie on tv, of no significant importance - I think it was called 'Light a Candle For Mr Harvey' or something like that. But whilst watching I got to thinking about life and how our priorities change as we enter new stages in our lives. We spend all of our lives trying to find the meaning of life, but I think it is simple (well in theory anyway). Life is about enjoying all that life has to offer, spending time with our loved ones, cherising our children, watching them grow. Experiencing moments of happiness, appreciating all that we have instead of thinking what we could have in the future. I think I have spent too much time thinking about the future and the possibilities rather than enjoying the now. It really is the simple things that bring about the most pleasure. Receiving a smile from my beautiful daughter as I get her out of bed, a giggling baby, dancing with my husband, eating a delicious meal, laughing with friends... so in my moments of 'I wish I had this' or 'I wish it was like that' I should remember those times and put it all in perspective.
Can you imagine wearing this to the beach!

I love the cute horse & the little boy looks so adorable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home