Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy New Year



Four months.....could it really be that long? A LOT has happened in those four months and I won't even attempt to recall half of it, the biggest thing I guess is that we have moved to Auckland. Funnily enough the city I said I would never, ever, ever live in. So why the sudden change of heart? One word that can change a choice in a second, if it's the right word and it has particular meaning......that word is work! Or more likely a great opportunity for Ed's writing career. So here we are we have been Aucklander's for three entire weeks and I have worked like a woman possessed to get every box unpacked so I can just relax! One great change is that we are finally living in a modern house, something I also said I'd never do...there's a theme here! I love houses with character, wooden frames, high ceilings, a house made with craftmanship. But after a few years living in older homes with damp, mould and other things that 'add character' we decided this time we would opt for something a little newer and less maintenance. Also Luca, who is nearly 15months old deserves something nice and warm. Another great thing about this house is that the living room is big enough to swing a cat - we don't have a cat, nor would we swing it if we had it, but you know what I mean. So it means I get to bring out the beautiful yellow formica table that has been hiding under mountains of paper in our bedroom/office. The table used to be Ed's family table from before he was born, once upon a time it would have had some very styley blue vinyl chairs, but unfortunately they got sold somewhere along the track. Never fear, we will replace them one day but in the meantime I have given a new lease of life to my old oak chairs which had yuck brown vinyl on the seatpads.

Here is to a new year, a new beginning and a great new start for our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home