Thursday, March 15, 2007

Form & Simplicity




The beauty of form and simplicity. I took this photo a couple of days ago trying to work in collaboration with another fellow student and dancers. We were trying to respond to an artwork by Gretchen Albrecht which I think is called St Sebastian. I, being the great student I am, haven't even looked at this painting to use as a reference point which probably explains the difficulty I had trying to make a suitable image. I think the image is a sweeping gesture of paint, lots of movement and very simple. Anyway this is my favourite image of the peice although I'm not entirely happy with it as I was wanting more of a curve....we may have to reshoot.

I'm loving my course, I feel like me once again - not just (I use that lightly) a mother or a wife but me pursuing the thing I love - photography. I feel so spoilt being able to spend my days concentrating on something that I have been wanting to do for so long.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home